im so worried for my brother and mum
my brother is 12 years old and was brought up with me by his father. his father treated us both cruely and ignored his behavirol problems as he grew up. when my mother stopped work because of illness she split up with him. growing up my brother was kept in, shouted at over the smallest of things, sworn at, hit and was put down a lot. now he's a very angry child who has outbursts over the smallest of things no boundires and has a low opinion of himself. He punches things when he's angry, he gets irrational fears and will not sleep in the dark. he swears a lot and won't listen to anyone. my mother is really stressed and i just want to help her. is there a term for this behavior? what can i do to help? thank you.
Your brother had many problems with the way he was treated when he was small it is possible he may need some counseling to help him,he is acting out now . What is he like t school does he do okay there Do the teachers get on with him if he does well there the problem is at home, Has he got sports and Games and Pysical activities he does,how does your Mom react to his outbursts , sometimes good not to feed into it .Ask Mom to talk to him and find out if there is something upsetting him. Good Luck
in school he's just as bad. the teachers are close to expelliing him. he gets very angry and aggresive with the teachers and students, they have tried numerous things but it isn't working. he had anger management in school but the children in that class wound him up during so it hasn't helped. i have suggested counseling to my mother and we have tried but the gp refered us to a consultation counselor instead and with social workers floating around he's tired of talking about stuff. my mother doesnt handle the situations very well, but thats a habit she cant control. i know she shouldnt be feed into it but its difficult when he talks to you the way he does. its just causing so much stress my mum is already ill she doesnt need anymore stress.