Child Behavior Expert Forum
immature 7 year old
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

immature 7 year old

Hi
My son is 7 and has always been immature, has had problems concentrating and listening, he always seems to stand out for being silly and noisy.
He has never been diagnosed with anything, but the first 2 years at school were diificult, he was only allowed to attend mornings at school for the fisrt year, and we feel that did not help his development as he made no friends in his first year   and now he has difficulty socialy he has trouble making friends where he is silly.
Is there a way we can encourage maturity and to stop him being silly.
He has a comfort blanket and ***** his thumb, we normally let him have it at home and sometimes in the car, this I know we shouldnt do (which we will stop now) but should we take it away completely now, if he didnt have any issues I wouldnt worry but is it not helping his maturity, I appreciate any help
helen