Child Behavior Expert Forum
inappropriate touching

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

inappropriate touching

my son is 5 started kindergarten this fall.  He started out ok, but then started not being able to sit and listen has grown into inappropriate language and now he is touching people inappropriately.  At first he was hitting and pinching peoples butts, then I walked into the kids playroom and found him sitting on the couch with his pants pulled part of the way down and didn't see what was going on but I think his sister was tickling him.  I got a call from his teacher saying he had grabbed an adult mans crotch in gym class 2 times, when she talked to him about it he told her his twin sister touches his pee pee thing every morning before school, usually he is up and dressed and eating before she gets out of bed so I really don't think that is true.  I keep talking to him telling him it is not okay to touch people in areas that would be covered by a shirt and shorts, and that it's not okay for people to touch him there.  Also that it's never ok to grab people.  When I ask he says his sister teaches him stuff.  I have caught her grabbing and pinching her younger sister and her brothers chest area when I ask her she says a boy at school does that to her I'm really starting to worry I want to sit down with them and explain what is ok are there any book that might help any advise anyone could offer
There are plenty of resources and you can ask for help at your local library. But, to be frank, all you need to do with the kids is set a firm limit. Your son told you what is going on - why did you doubt him? Let them know in no uncertain terms that touching people in their genital areas and buttocks is simply not permitted. It takes a clear, straightforward, firm limit. You don't need a book to do that. Be sure to tell the teacher what your daughter said about the boy in her class.