Child Behavior Community
mom sleeping with 15 yr old son

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

mom sleeping with 15 yr old son

My wife and I have been divorced for almost two years and we have two boys 17 and 15.  We share custody 50/50 and my youngest son sleeps with his mother every night.  The older son has given him a hard time about it but now doesn't bring it up much.  My ex told me to mind my own business but the more I learn about how this can effect him the more I have to get involved.  He is rather shy and only has one friend.  He does well in school but is very immature for his age. We see a therapist two to four times a month.  The therapist has talked to him about it and they set a date to stop.   I feel he is doing this for his mother and the mother blames me for his insecurities. He mostly refuses to talk about it. He has said that he knows it's not right but I get the feeling he is trying to support his mother in may was.  He has said as much to me.  The mother sees nothing wrong with this and will not help him leave her bed.  I have thought about contacting CPS but I would like to avoid a war.  She refuses to see the therapist even for the sake of the child.  She is a very private person and that doesn't help.  I know my son has gone through puberty...I don't know what to think.  I would say that there is nothing sexual but after my brother talked to my son for a couple of hours he felt that he was hiding something.  I ask his older brother to support him in sleeping in his own bed... I feel it is time to do something.  All I asked my ex for to encourage him and support  him to sleep in his own bed.  She said it was my sons problem.   I'm very concern about his developmental well-being. Advise??
ummmmm the one thing that got me about this is your x tells you to mind your own business about your son?  
This isn't normal, and I would be concerned about this.  I don't know too many 15 year old boys that want to sleep in the same bed as their mother?  I remember when my brothers were 15 years old, and they were close with my father and not so close with my mother.  
I really don't know what to tell you about CPS though.  If you feel your X is abusing your son, then as a parent you need to.  Remember though that this could cause troubles between you and your son though, so you need to make sure with no doubt that something isn't right.
I think that there is something  wrong with your x. What grown women in there right mind son or not would sleep in a bed with a 15 year old boy going though puberty. If I was you and I even think a tiny bet of child abuse I would call CPS. She seems like she is hiding something and your son is protecting her. I wish you the best of luck. Just follow your gut on these.