Child Behavior Community
my 10 year old kid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

my 10 year old kid

Hello , i have a 10 years old girl , she is a great student sweet everybody loves her but at home is very different . At home she is very disrespectful , lazy , she do not care about anything she has, toys , computer even her glasses , in a 6 month period she had 7 pair of glasses. I try to talk to , punish her, take away things, cancel play days but nothing work . She do not see any bad behavior in the house between my husband and me. My 18 year girl she did a lot of damage in her she was very cruel and even thou she never talk back to me she used to say a lot of bad things in close doors with my other kid around. The situation i have is that her father is my ex husband he remarried and the wife is not that into my daughter , few times she say she wanted to go and live with him , im not sure what to do because i do not want to loose my daughter but i have a 4 year old boy and i do not want her influence him and then i will have the same situation again with him. My oldest daughter is not longer with us in the house she is in college but now i have the same situation with the middle one , even worst because this one wants to challenge me all the time . Im very confuse i want her to be happy i want us to be a happy family but with all this yelling and punishment is not a happy home , but i do not want her to live with my ex-husband.what to do ?
Tags: Kids
All parents struggle with some of the things their children do. While there is no magic formula that will work in all situations, it is helpful to understand the kinds of issues that impact a child's behavior. If you understand these issues and know what to expect at different developmental stages, your reactions will be wiser and it will be easier to create an environment that supports and nurtures your child.