Child Behavior Expert Forum
my 13 yr old son (attitude/behaviour)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

my 13 yr old son (attitude/behaviour)

he recently turned 13, apart from the usual things (peer presure, ignorance etc) he can be unbelievely lazy in his attitude and behavour, he can't grasp the most basic things, is constantly on academic report at school, no respect for anyone or anything, its like he just does'nt care about life, he's been in trouble several times with the police for some pretty serious things, he makes the same mistakes and does'nt learn from them (or refuses to) he has self harmed in the past due to being bullied

he has had a turbulent upbring (some due to me but mostly his mother) i am a lone father of 2 boys, i don't know what to do for the best anymore

i had social services involved several times and that worked out to nothing, the doctor was involved and the did'nt help, waiting to hear from a C.A.M.S refferal aswell, i have attended several parenting courses while it helped for my 12 yr old son its made no difference to my 13 yr old son

regards nick
242606_tn?1243786248
Set up an appointment with a mental health professional who specializes in the treatment of adolescents. Make it clear that you need help, in part, with parenting. Otherwise they might assume you're looking only for therapy for your son and that will not be sufficient.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank