Child Behavior Community
my 2 yr olds sister is molesting her
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my 2 yr olds sister is molesting her

I have a 2 yr old daughter with a man who has a 5 yr old the 5 yr old was being molested by her older sister we made it so she did not see the older sister and was not around her over a yr after we stopped this and she was no longer havin stuff done to her she started molesting my 2 yr old what do i do i was told by a counselor it was ok to discipline for such actions but now because it keeps happening again and again im being fought by the childrens father and his parents because i do not want them in the same home and because i expect some discipline to be put into place i do not know what to do
5914096_tn?1399922587
Your daughter and this 5 year old should NEVER be left unsupervised given the situation.  Also, I seriously question the recommendation of the counselor whom you spoke to concerning this issue.  Discipline isn't the answer and will likely hurt more than help this situation primarily because this 5 yr. old is merely acting out what was done to her.  This is very typical of children who were sexually abused.  What she needs is mental health counseling ASAP.  Child sexual abuse causes deep emotional wounds which can alter ones behavior negatively.  This can only be corrected with proper mental health counseling.

Additionally, I would consider having your daughter evaluated by a mental health professional as well given that she also was and perhaps is still being subjected to sexual abuse.  Even though she is 2 years of age, she still can receive therapeutic services.

Please keep in mind that depending which country you live, seeking mental health counseling can trigger a Child Protective Service report if the therapist suspects abuse.  If this occurs, they will make sure all those involved will get the treatment they need with or without parental consent.

You need to do everything you can to protect your daughter from the emotional harm of sexual abuse.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank