Child Behavior Community
my 3 year old is complaining of pee pee pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

i am not sure if this is a uti or something else she has not been in anyone elses care and the only thing i have changed is her bath she has had bubbles for the last week and i think this might be irritating her. other than stop giving her bubbles what else should i do? she won't let me look at it she says pee pee hurt owww she started this today. this morning. i have a dr appt for her april 11th is that to far away or should i try to go earlier?
Tags: irritable
Even WAY back in the day,  in the 1960's,  doctors were warning mothers of girls not to use Mr. Bubble bubblebath.  This has probably caused her irritation.

She's 3 years old.  It's kind of a surprise he "won't let you look at it" and you take that for an answer.

I'd say give her lots of water,  no more bubble bath,  and if she's not completely better in two days call the doctor back and insist on an earlier appointment or take her to an AM/PM minor emergency clinic to have her looked at.
Oops,  meant to say "she" not "he".
I'd get her in sooner. "sick" child visits should be within the day or next day, not 2 weeks from now.  In that amount of time, if in fact she did have a UTI, it could have moved up to her kidney and caused it to fail if it got bad enough. Look at it if she'll let you, watch for bleeding or blood in her urine or stool or any unusual discharge.  Check her undies when she potties for those things.    

Reschedule your appointment for her and if your doctor always makes you wait this long when she is sick or has a problem like this (as simple and non emergency as anyone may think) find a new dr.  If you can't get in in the next day or 2, take her to an After Hours Clinic or the like.  

I also agree with the above post, give her lots of water or cranberry juice (attaches to the infection if it's a UTI and washes it out) and no more bubble bath.  
I had the exact same experience with bubbles when I was a child. I can't use them to this day. Hope all gets better in a few days.
My granddaughter has been complaining of her pee pee hurting especially at night.  She says she feels like she has ants in there.  We have taken her to the hospital emergency 3 times which she has been in terrible pain and crying.  They have done urine test and they come back negative for any infection.  She had an unltra sound done and also negative.  The only thing they come up with is Pin worms. they gave us 2 pills one to take that day and the other in two weeks and a cream.  She was doing better but last night she started again with the pain.  Her pediatrian says she does not know what it could be. We are desperate.
It migth be the bubble bath. I know my mom used to say, dont' take bubble baths. I still don't until this day.  April 11 is too far away if she is having issues.  I would call maybe by monday if she is still having issues.