Child Behavior Expert Forum
my 5 year old daugter has no friends at school
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

my 5 year old daugter has no friends at school

i have a 5 1/2 year old girl and she started school this year well she did preschool last year and I'm concerned that she has no friends at school. this is the hard part for me we live by a lot of little girls on our block all of them are in the same age group , however, they all go to different schools. my daughter plays with them almost everyday after school has no issues. she is also in dance class and swimming class and has friends but when at school she plays by herself and tells me that there are some girls that don't like her and are mean to her. i also brought this up to her teacher and she said that my daughter was a sweet girl just really young all the other kids are turning 6 and she just turned 5 in September. I'm starting to think that it may be my fault because i don't really socialize with the parents before and after school. i do help out in her class twice a month for about an hour a day so its hard for me to have a closer look because they are usually doing centers. but she has yet to be invited to any birthday parties at school and it really makes me sad because she sees this and it makes her cry because she tells me that this one girl at school is her friend but then when that girl has a party shes not invited. i don't get it any help would be great.
thanks