Child Behavior Expert Forum
my 6 year old sons drawings

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

my 6 year old sons drawings

I have been having a lot of problems since my soon started kindergarten. I was always complimented on how well behaved my son is. We didn't have any problems in pre k. Since kindergarten started it's been constant problems. He was fighting with the children, constantly being reminded of what to do, throwing things, stealing things, lying... But what worries me most is some pictures he had drawn. One was a puddle of blood from his victims which he may have gotten from a video game he got his hands on that has since been disposed of and a picture clearly of an intricate devil with a noose around his neck. He has said things about shooting people and brains. Just scary stuff. He is well behaved at home and sweet and happy and loving and if he does talk of fighting it's usually in a harmless little boy way. I made an appointment with a counselor but I would like any opinion as I am so stressed I can't sleep. Is this a clear sign of a serious problem? My boyfriend saw the devil picture and he says it upset him and he's worried/scared that this is a sign of problems in the future. I guess we are worried if this means he is going to be a bad/evil person. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
The behavior offers no indication of what the future might hold and it is not prudent to be speculating about that. Suffice it to say that his behavior and emotional state invite concern, and it is certainly the right thing to be doing to engage him in professional help.