Child Behavior Community
my 7 year old daughter walks on her toes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my 7 year old daughter walks on her toes

My 7 year old daughter has walked on her toes since she learn to walk. We have done therpy, cast on both feet, leg braces, and talking about surgery. I do not want her to have surgery. Now that we have done all of this she is not walking on her toes as much. THe tendon on the back of her foot is stretched out so her can walk on her feet. Could this just be a mental think because she learned to walk on her toes. ( At 10 months she had a knot on her foot that we had frozen and now it is gone.)
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
750172_tn?1256150676
It could be a mental thing...why are they suggesting surgery??  Are the muscles still not stretched out?  I'm assuming she's been cleared of certain medical conditions?  Mild cerebral palsy?  Does she have a diagnosis, maybe idiophatic toe walking?  If you're not convinced she needs the surgery or are unsure.  Look into getting a second opinion.  Find out if there is more you can do before surgery is your only option left.  You absolutely need to find out all your options.  Surgery is a big decision but, if it's necessary don't hesitate.
Blank
Did you ever look into neurological/sensory grounds for toe walking?

Toe walking can indicate neurological issues

What are they trying to accomplish with the surgery? Is there a physical reason she walks on her toes?

Blank
My daughters tendon on the back of her foot has stopped growing. That is why we had to therpy, casting for 6 months, leg braces for almost 1 year; with all of this the tendon has stretched to the point where she can walk on her toes. When we are not watching her we catch her walking on her toes. As soon as we say something she is back down on her toes. They are suggesting surgery to extend the tendon on the back of her feet. They say sinces she does not have any other problem metal or physical she does not have cerebral palsy. I have never heard of Idiophatic toe walking.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...