Child Behavior Community
my 7 year old daugther in the 2nd grade has been acting up alot this ye...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my 7 year old daugther in the 2nd grade has been acting up alot this year.

we recently moved to texas and her older brother stayed behind for the school year with his grandparents.she started to not like school her third day refusing to do work ,refusing to participate,refusing to even go in to the classroom.then it started to esculate my daugther tried to run out of school and also go physical.we thought moving back to ohio would sovle the problem.it didn't she's doing the same over there.i don't know if it's because i stayed in texas for my job are what her issue is please help........

This discussion is related to Artistic 7 Year Old "Misbehaving in School".
Tags: acting up, 7 year old acting up
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
If she has the same problem at both places, including trying to run out of school (which is a very extreme thing to do), something is going on that is not specific to the school itself.  What were things like when she was in first grade?  Has she explained anything about why she is doing what she is doing?  Do *you* think it is because you are not with her?
Blank
   Change is really difficult on little kids (heck its not easy for adults).  The move to Texas was probably hard on her.  Then to move back and not have you come with her is even more difficult.   So this is not surprising.  I would make sure that someone talks to her school and lets her teacher know what is going on.  Granted that a teacher is a poor substitute for a parent, but a good, compassionate teacher can make a difference.
Blank
kids that do these sort of things are often times diagnosed with disorders such as ADD, uni or bipolar depression, personality disorders, oppositional defiant disorder. etc.

therapy could certainly be a good thing for her, but as always be wary of medication and always look out for side effects or worsening behavior. she could end up getting worse if she doesn't get treated, or it could just be a temporary thing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...