Child Behavior Community
my 8yr old is worried about getting her dad into trouble

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My daughter is 8yrs old. She goes to her father's for the weekends and is week me during the school week. Last time she came back from her father's she told me about a game that he got for them to play...a completely inappropriate game mind you...and she told me about the game. I asked her some questions about the game and she answered a couple and then became concerned that her father was going to get into trouble. Is this normal for an 8yr old to be worried about getting an adult (her father) into trouble by telling me something? One friend of mine who's daughter is grown now told me that it's not normal and that there may be something else going on....
Can anyone give me some feedback?
Its hard to tell with out more information, what kind of inappropiate game was it ,how many others played it, did it make her feel bad .?
My son recently told me some stuff and he said he was worried he would get into trouble my telling me or I would get mad and I'm very open with him.  So yes, I believe it! You can explain to her that you don't like the game the father is playing and you will have to figure out something to do about it but she's not going to get into trouble and you will try to handle it without getting him in trouble too.
What!!! Trust no one!!!! find out what it is before you send her back to his house!!!! in detail record if you have to...did she feel uncomfortable when she asked you that question" will her father get in trouble"? no girl...if to you the game that she showed you they played looks twisted it is...she must have REALLY felt uncomfortable to ask you that question!!! what must be going through her head on the way back home..what she know  about trouble of an adult, she love, and trust she shouldnt have no worry for an eight year old. dont leave it alone...dig to get more information.
Why did you not mention what game it is in your post?