Child Behavior Expert Forum
my brain told me to do it
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

my brain told me to do it

My 3 yr old put his hand in boiling water and burned his fingers. When asked why he did it, he said his brain told him to do it. I asked if he heard voices or a person telling him to do it, he was unable to tell explain to me how his brain spoke to him or if he just reacted to curiosity. He is the middle child and is always fighting for the spotlight. He has done other things in the past and tells me that his brain told him to do it. He also like to hit and bully his other brothers. I was talking to him yesterday directly and he just slapped me. He didn't know why he did it. Should I be concerned? What other signs should I look for? Thank you.