Child Behavior Community
my child having sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

my child having sex

my friend caught her son (10) and my daughter(10) having sex in his bed at his sleep-over and it was propper sex unprotected. when i spoke to my daughter she said they did it at almost every sleepover because they were in love and thats what parterners do. when we asked the boy he said that it felt nice thats why they did it . help me please!
umm, yikes.
At least one of them has had to at least seen this on TV, or maybe influenced by another adult. This is the time that I would be calling a therapist.
911----  get some help.  First of all, why are boys and girls having unsupervised sleepovers?  Is this common?  I've never heard of that as my friends and neighbors are pretty conservative.  And it has been going on for a long time?  Yikes.  I'd get to a counselor soon.  A lifetime is ahead of your daughter in which she will be trying to justify her sexuality.  The floodgate is now open and you should consider trying to reign it in.  Kids at 10 aren't really capable of being in love in the romantic sense----  they aren't emotionally mature enough.  But now your daughter believes she is.  I say again----  I'd get some counseling.  These kids need MORE supervision for sure.  And, no sleepovers.  Good luck.  It kind of makes me sad that these young children have entered into such an adult life so soon.  One last thing, the unprotected part.  You are probably wondering if you should help in that area.  This is a tough call as a pregnancy in a young girl like this (if she can even get pregnant yet) would be devastating.  However, I would focas on stopping the deed first.  I really too.  She is flat out too young.  And if you are with her more, she won't have the opportunity to do it.  It isn't like she can drive to see him.  Get counseling and see if that can put the kabash on it.  If you don't think that will work, go from there . . .Yikes, I'm sorry you're dealing with this so soon.  
Speak to the boys parents find out how it started.... no sleepovers.. ever... supervision, counselling and help.. both are too young for this behavior and mostly there has to be some happenings in the home for this to be happening, could be a learned behavior.
yes, therapist needed.  this is bad for both.  when children are "sexualized" too young, it leads to big problems down the road.

i agree w/ specialmom.  what kind of sleepover is this!  i would be so upset i couldn't think strait.  no more sleepovers.  no more boys for a long time.  no more letting her out of your sight.  also make sure you take away the tv and internet or get your parental locks and codes in place from now on.  too much sex everywhere.  i have a television for my children that only has a vcr and a dvd player, no antenna or cable.  they can't watch or learn anything here that im not running.  

parenting is a full-time, over-kill, year round, no vacation job.  never let your guard down again