Child Behavior Community
my child want to hurt animals
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my child want to hurt animals

my child was playing at his friends when the other boys wanted to hurt a small rabbit, the little boys then told my little boy to strangle him as they wanted him dead, my little boy is 4 i just dont know why he would do that, since then he has been out with my husband and told him he wanted to a puppy that he seen dead, i realy dont know why he is doing this or thinking this.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1006035_tn?1391310794
It seems like he wants to because his friends encouraged him to do it. From what you said it doesn't sound like it was his idea. I wouldn't let him see those kids again and I would take him to a therapist.
Blank
yes thats what i was thinking letting him go and talk to someone, he hasnt been the same since me and my partner split a year and a half ago he seems like a different child.
Blank
My son also told me about a boy at school who talked about wanting to hurt animals and though this is could have been just a thing to say that he would never act on I took it very seriously and called the teacher to tell her what my son had said the other child said-and I told the teacher that I didn't want my son to sit by that boy in class anymore. You have to be careful at such an influential age. I would take your son to talk to some about it and I would talk to the other childrens parents about it as well as maybe end the friendship. Harming animals or smaller children is a red flag for many mental  health issues and it seems like these other children who talked your son into doing so may need help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...