my child want to hurt animals
my child was playing at his friends when the other boys wanted to hurt a small rabbit, the little boys then told my little boy to strangle him as they wanted him dead, my little boy is 4 i just dont know why he would do that, since then he has been out with my husband and told him he wanted to a puppy that he seen dead, i realy dont know why he is doing this or thinking this.
It seems like he wants to because his friends encouraged him to do it. From what you said it doesn't sound like it was his idea. I wouldn't let him see those kids again and I would take him to a therapist.
yes thats what i was thinking letting him go and talk to someone, he hasnt been the same since me and my partner split a year and a half ago he seems like a different child.
My son also told me about a boy at school who talked about wanting to hurt animals and though this is could have been just a thing to say that he would never act on I took it very seriously and called the teacher to tell her what my son had said the other child said-and I told the teacher that I didn't want my son to sit by that boy in class anymore. You have to be careful at such an influential age. I would take your son to talk to some about it and I would talk to the other childrens parents about it as well as maybe end the friendship. Harming animals or smaller children is a red flag for many mental  health issues and it seems like these other children who talked your son into doing so may need help.