Child Behavior Community
my childs meds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

my childs meds

I have a child that is 12 she has been on clonidine sence 2004 her other parent said on Friday the dr took her off of it then on sunday he said the dr told him by dr orders not to send the meds with her to my home I don't know what to do I don't know if it is safe for her to stop taking this and start back up all the time I don't wont her to get hurt what do I need to do cause I called social workers and they said cause I don't know if she is on it or off of it I cant fill a report I don't know what to do cause she hit a truck that she didn't see with her bike over the weekend cause she said she didn't see it there the med is used to treat ADD\ADHD can some one give me some advice please a parent that is very concerned
   Well, the med is not really one that is a mainstream use for ADHD.  It "Helps tics. Helps severe hyperactivity and impulsivity. May need 1-2 weeks to build up. Does not cut appetite. Invented to treat hypertension. Has been used to treat opiate and/or nicotine withdrawal."  and, It is "Very sedating. May lower blood pressure, dizziness" Partial effect on attention. Taper off slowly to avoid rebound hypertension or agitation."
   Really hard to believe that they would have put a 4 year old on this!   If anything it would have contributed to not seeing the truck due to its sedating effect.  Hopefully, she finally has a doc who is willing to due more then just sedate her.  I would assume that she will get a new med, once this is out of her system.  Feel free to ask me any more questions about ADHD or her meds over here -  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/ADD---ADHD/show/175