my son has bad temper
my son is 7yrs old he has a very bad temper.he even loses his temper at school he hurts the teachers and tries to hurt other children.the teachers have had to remove the kids out of the class.he has hurt me and his brothers and sister.i have took him to see 2 doctors.i really dont know else to do with him im at the end of my teather with him.if you could suggest anything i would be so gratful

This discussion is related to my 9 yr old son has a very bad temper problem.
what was the doctor's advice?
Do the Teachers give any reason for him losing his temper, what has happened prior to it?Did the Doctors put him on any Meds?
the teachers are saying it starts for no reason.no the doctors have not put him any meds.they are trying to sort out anger management which i have been waiting for over a year now.
There must be a trigger, it may appear to teachers as "no reason" - but it could be too much noise, light, stimulation, certain time of the day, certain people, not willing to transition, etc....

Ask teachers to take notes of his outbursts adn do it yourself as well

Good luck

a year is too long- tell them that is just unacceptable
Meanwhile, get an anger management book for children- most of the things that therapists advise can be found in books:)

is there any sort of meds i can try.the school is taking notes,anything starts him of like saying no to him.
I assume you have difficulties at home as well since you say "he EVEN looses his temper at school"

try this:

"Accepting no program"

Try to say "no" to his requests at least 5 times. And it should be "no" - pricesely, no substitute words.

1) At first, offer equally reinforcing alternative (i.e. he want to see one movie, say no and suggest the movie he likes the same). Do not give in. After you have a succesful day (4 "no" , or 80-90% were accepted without inappropriate behavior), move on to the next stage

2) Offer alternative that is a little less preffered. After succesful day, move on to the next step

3) Offer less preffed alternative. After 2-3 succesfull days, fade it out completely (unless your child has trouble getting himself occupied when no altenatives are present)

Of course, make sure you say "yes" plenty of times. It is hard to say "no", especially if it makes no difference to you what movie he watches, but trust me - it works.

For us, the best times to learn were meals - we got additional benefits of getting him to try new things:)

It is a little more difficult to implement this at school, but you can try at home and if it works, make a point to them of teaching him accepting "no" gradually. My son applied his new skill of accepting "no"

Prepare for behavior worsening for 2-3 weeks before it gets better

Good luck:)

i have told my son no and stuck to it but it does not matter you can take things away give him treats for good behaviour and it does not work
Does he still have trouble accepting your and teachers' "no"?

If so, teach his gradually to accept it (see my posting above) - trust me, it works

Have you or the teacher given your son an area to go to when he is angry? Not a punishment area. Just an area where he knows he can go to to cool off and come back when ever HE is ready. At first they most likely will not want to go at their own will. Give him a reminder example

"you need to go to your room and calm your self down, when your ready you can come back continue watching TV show. (or what ever it is that he was doing before he lost his temper.
Have you tried the calm child drops? it's an herbal liquid you can buy online for like $6 or $7 and it's supposed to calm them down. I heard about it on this forum, bought some and started giving it to my stepson until we got him back on his ADD medication, and it actually helped. Of course, it's no miracle drug, but it might help along with the other advice from other posters. Good luck!!
thank you all very much i will try what you all have said.