my son is peeing on things
My 4 1/2 year old in the last month has been peeing on things, behind the couch in the play room on my bedroom floor onthe cable box and the big one, his little brother twice.  His behavoir is out of control he is constantly throwing fits yelling and being just plain bad. I do'nt understand why  he is doing this.  I don't know what to do about it and I know it can't be normal. He is potty trained and I have asked him why he did it but he doesn't give me an answer and now he is doing it to his 1 1/2 year old brother I cqn't take it please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gina
he probably thinks it is cool, he can aim that little thing on to different things.  Just tell him to go outside.  It is fun to pee outside and see how high and far you can shoot that pee.  Good Luck.  Tell him it is not nice to pee on his brother, but peeing outside on stuff is fun.
when a child yells and throws fits- they are sometimes reacting to "something"/ anything new going on your child has no control over- new baby? new home? Mom home less?
these aren't excuses for unacceptable behavior but they may be reasons. Little ones don't know how to verbalize " I'm upset.... because________"
Is he getting a BIG reaction from you?- there needs to be a firm, fast punishment from this that does not involve you giving him a lot of attention.

The peeing business- that is something HE can control and you can't and he is finding that out..... give him more control of any little thing- if he were a bit older I would have him clean it- not sure if he won't just make more of a mess at this age..... This would be a natural consequence though. Or if you had planned on an outing to the park tell him- "I spent all my free time cleaning your mess, we won't be able to go now. " just an example. The peeing outside was a good idea too I thought - -then my son had to do time out FOR A WEEK in kindergarten for peeing outside. So since that is still inappropriate "pee place" not so sure-----

control tips for you and kiddos- any little thing can help him have appropriate control-

Would you like the light on or off? Would you like to turn it on or do you want mommy to turn it on?
Do you want the red marker or the blue one?
Do you want the fork or spoon for that?-
Do you want to wear this shirt or that one?

It will wear you out for awhile then you will find it coming a bit more naturally and you can make it fun too.
silly- that was time outs for a week  AT PLAYTIME- not the whole week at school
How is he doing now?  Has he stopped peeing in the house and on his brother?  Does he go outside now & see how high & far he can shoot that thing?  When he is older he will understand that just going outside is the thing to do. It is fun for guys to unzip and pee outside on things; but not people or animals.