my son
my nine year old son has been playing with his stuff i dont know what to do help
What do you mean his stuff?  Are you referring to his genetails?  For if that is what you mean--for most children it is normal--but they should know that it should be done in the privacy of their own room or maybe the bathroom--never in public or a occupied part of the family house(where people are constantly in and out).  This should be taught at a young age...Also I would suggest that if you are not comfortable talking about these topics--get comfortable and research and learn all the correct terms--for you would rather your son learn about his body and some sexual subjects (when time it right) from you--not a friend or on the street or school hall.
Ask him if it feels good. Tell him how it makes you feel (e.g., uncomfortable) when he does it around you. Yes, tell him to do it in private. Explain to him that people have sexual feelings, that it's as natural a part of life as eating, sleeping and going to the bathroom. Teach him about puberty. Talk to him about your values and how to protect his body and respect others bodies. Get him books on sex for children his age. Ask him if he has questions about his body. Tell him this is something he can talk to you about. Tell him he can ask you any questions he has and that you want him to hear about it from you instead of his friends or on computers and on television. How does that sound?
I have two boys..one is 12 years old, and the other is 6 yrs. old...and I would have to say that they both played with their genitals...and possibly still do.  I think it is normal for little boys to notice a different sensation when touched in that area.  I used to walk into the living room, and my 6 year old, who was younger at the time, would be laying in front of the television, naked, rubbing himself.  He didnt even acknowledge my presence.  He didnt know that it was something private.  I had to teach him that.  I told him that it feels good to touch your body, but some things are private.  He then began to go into his room, and lay down for a nap of his own accord.  If I asked him what he was doing, he would just say relaxing.  You have to teach your children, that even if it is uncomfortable for you, it is not a bad thing or a dirty thing.  It is natural.  If you arent comfortable with it that is ok too, but give them room to explore their own bodies in private.  I am definitely not encouraging little boys masturbating, but that isnt really what they are doing.  I am a single mom, and some things are difficult for me to discuss with my boys, but I do my best.  Do you have a husband around that can talk to ur son?  From the time they were born, I was always open about sexualty with my children.  They use proper terms like penis and vagina.  My sister always ridiculed me, but I didnt care.  It is nothing to be embarassed about.  It is natural.