Child Behavior Community
my three year old is so naughty and whiny

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

my three year old is so naughty and whiny she starts as soon as she gets up until bed time she sleeps from 8 till 7 ish without waking up most nights so i dnt think it is because she is tierd. Everytime i ask her to tidy up or do something she isnt happy with she tells me no and starts shouting she always says my legs hurt or i got a bad bum. When we go out she walks and is also very naughty she will run away walk in front of people and she knows what she is doin cause she laughs when she does it. I need help cause i am really running out of ideas what to do i have tried putting her in bedroom, counting to three, talking nice to her explaining why i am angry and just shouting at her nothing seems to work she is getting worse everyday i never have a nice day with her and i really miss that. please help.
Have you asked her why she does this behavior? Does she still take naps during the day time? She may need to lay down and rest for a half hour or so in order to calm down or have some time to herself. How well does she play with other children? Does she go to daycare or pre school? If so, how does she behave there? Have there been any changes in her life to upset her? Any separations or death or anything new? New siblings? What does "I have a bad bum" mean? Does she get a lot of bum rashes? Is she potty trained?  Have you taken her to the doctor to get checked out for any reasoning as to why her legs would be hurting? I read one time if anyone experiences leg cramps or charlie horses in their legs, that this is your body telling you that you are dehydrated and if you drink a glass of water, that you should feel better after a while. She needs to have consequences for her actions and it may take a while for her to clue into the fact that she has the ability to stay out of trouble if she so wishes. Remember, she is still a toddler and still learning. Redirect her as much as possible. She could be acting out if she feels like her whole world has been turned upside down. If there has been any changes of any kind, she will react. Or she may be acting like this to get your undivided attention, kids will act out to get attention whether it is good or bad attention.  Good Luck.