Child Behavior Expert Forum
neurontin

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

neurontin

can anyone please give me any info on adhd children taking
neurontin?  has this been effective for your child or not? side
affects? any and all information will be greatly appreciated.
Dear Ms. Williams,

Neurontin is an anticonvulsant, and it is not normally prescribed as a front-line treatment for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. It may be that your son has been diagnosed with a condition alongside the ADHD. Have you discussed this with the prescribing physician?

What do you mean with a condition alongside the adhd?  could that include anxiety, tics, or tourettes syndrome?  The prescribing physician suggested this medication, but she also said that their is no clinical study, and she suggested that i do some reseach, which is what i'm doing? we have been trying for approx. 6 months to get the right meds, but no luck yet.
do you have any suggestions?current meds are adderall (adderrall) 2 x day, clonodine 2x day,risperdal 2x day, and buspar 2 x day, coming off of risperdal.  have tried prozac, impramine, & a couple others i can't think of now.HELP!! THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!
Dear Ms. Williams,

It's important to pin down the diagnoses around which the treratment is being organized. Without doubt the prescribing doctor is addressing not only ADHD, but other conditions as well. When you mention tics, anxiety, Tourette Disorder, do you mean that your child has been diagnosed with these symptoms and conditions? Your information suggests that the diagnoses include, at least, ADHD and Tourette Disorder. Other possibilities include, but are not limited to, Mood Disorder, Seizure Disorder and Anxiety Disorder.

Medication in such situations is not a straightforward proposition. Often multiple medications are needed, and judicious trials need to be undertaken before settling on an
effective plan.
My girlfriend has been perscribed neurontin and celexa. she has also been drinking between 3 and 4 alcohalic drinks each day since she started taking these. She has lost about 25 to 30 puonds since she started taking them about a month ago. She hardly sleeps, and our relationship has taken a nose drive.She has showing signs of permiscuity. She is not at all the same. Is all of theese drugs together posibly the cause of this? It seems the drugs and her behavior changed almost at once.
My girlfriend has been perscribed neurontin and celexa. she has also been drinking between 3 and 4 alcohalic drinks each day since she started taking these. She has lost about 25 to 30 puonds since she started taking them about a month ago. She hardly sleeps, and our relationship has taken a nose drive.She has showing signs of permiscuity. She is not at all the same. Is all of theese drugs together posibly the cause of this?
My girlfriend has been perscribed neurontin and celexa. she has also been drinking between 3 and 4 alcohalic drinks each day since she started taking these. She has lost about 25 to 30 puonds since she started taking them about a month ago. She hardly sleeps, and our relationship has taken a nose drive. She is not at all the same. Is all of theese drugs together posibly the cause of this?
My girlfriend has been perscribed neurontin and celexa. she has also been drinking between 3 and 4 alcohalic drinks each day since she started taking these. She has lost about 25 to 30 puonds since she started taking them about a month ago. She hardly sleeps, and our relationship has taken a nose drive.Is all of theese drugs together posibly the cause of this?
My girlfriend has been perscribed neurontin and celexa. she has also been drinking between 3 and 4 alcohalic drinks a day.  She has lost about 25 to 30 puonds since she started taking them about a month ago. She hardly sleeps, and our relationship has taken a nose drive.Is all of theese drugs together posibly the cause of this?