new activities
i have a 3 year old son. the doctor has said that he has global development  delay with autsic signs. the only words he says is mum,no,and look. he has started speech threapy. but i was wondering what activities i could do with him while he is not doing speech threapy. he goes to daycare two days a week and we have noticed that he is doing things that he normally did'nt want to do before such as draw and use playdough. please could you give me advice on what else i could do. he also has tantrums esp in the shopping centre's throwing himself to the ground. he also does it home how could i deal with them?
I had the same problem with my son who is now 7.  We did speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, music therapy, and we found social skills groups with like children.  He went to special ed for kindergarten, 1, and part of second.  It took a while but we have a very happy typical seven year old who you would never know had any issues.  He plays on baseball teams, ice skates, plays the piano, sings, rides a bike.  I am lucky and blessed.  The music classes really seemed to make a big difference to him.  before all the therapy he was throwing up down my back and having melt downs everyday.  It is really hard but you will make it.