newly licensed counselor
I just graduated with my masters in counseling.  I am currently interning for a doctor.  We have a case where a 13 year old child is molesting is brother.  Yes, the 13 year old was molested as a child, placed in foster care, adopted by a family and is now acting out.  This is all to be expected and the family is in counseling.  But, so far nothing is working.  He is being strictly watched and not allowed to be alone, but this is not a reasonable longterm solultion.  So I am reaching out to get others input.  All traditional methods have failed and I refuse to give up on a 13 year old kid -- juvie will not help him (although I realize this may end up being all that's left -- but I plan to work with this family until that really is the last resort).  at this point I am just looking for creative suggestions to help them.  (please don't suggest "seek counseling" -- that is what they are doing and its not working yet)
I think this is probably the wrong place to go for an intern working with a doctor on in a molestation situation to get information on a case.  Your superiors that you are working with are the ones you seek help from in that type of situation.  They are the experts.  if you aren't sure, the internet probably isn't the greatest place to figure it out.  Ask the people you are working with.  If they don't know, they ask their colleagues.  This is the way professionals handle this type of situations and as you are growing as a professional, I would use the correct route to help your client base.  good luck
I dont believe its a bad idea at all to ask for advice here....as a real case scenario is much more useful than reading it in a book!!! I mean drs learn by experience and interaction with their patients. Anywaaayz Nancy congrats on ur licensing and I don't hve personal experience with a situation like this but I sure hope u can find a solution that's a young kid and sad to hve to give up on him.