Child Behavior Expert Forum
nightmares
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

nightmares

Why does my 10 year old daughter have night mares every night? She goes to bed happy most nights,she sometimes wakes up grumpy because she had a bad dream that scared her,& I don't know what to do for her,i feel bad. My daughter is mentally challanged ,shes in 5th grade this year,shes in Special Ed. but also has been in regular class with other kids her age, sense Kindergarden,& has done very well .. She also still wears pullups to bed,doesnot have to many accidents anymore,I was wondering if the reason for this problem,could be because of her night mares?..
Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
Generally nocturnal enuresis occurs during stage four of non-REM sleep, while nightmares occur during REM sleep. So the nightmares and enuresis are not likely related. Some children with lower IQ display more nightmares than other children, particulalrly at your daughter's age. By age 10 most children do not experience many nightmares. They are more common between the ages of 4 and 6. Frequent nightmares can be brought on by fatigue and stress and by some emotional disorders, such as PTSD.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
1 hr ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank