Child Behavior Community
normal sexual behavoir in a five year old girl
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

normal sexual behavoir in a five year old girl

my 5 yr. old little girl has gotten curious about her private areas and she wants to explore her sexuality, she also has started getting naked around her sister and brother and asking them to do the same is it normal for a 5 yr. old a 4 yr. old and 3 yr. old to do this ? if not what is the proper way to handle this situation. also my 3 and 4 yr. old were cought in the closet naked trying to kiss i dont have any idea what this means and what to do.
Related Discussions
509215_tn?1363539423
For young children of this age, there is nothing wrong with this because of curiosity. At this point all you can do is to tell them that although it is okay to be naked when you have a bath or to get changed, they need to stay dressed if this is what you want them to do, they'll have to keep their clothing on.  I believe that this is natural curiosity. Talk to them about their actions and tell why you do or do not approve of their actions and reinforce it with gentle reminders once in a while. This is a great age to start teaching about their body parts and why they should be kept private. Talk to them about why they shouldn't remove their clothes in front of each other unless they have your permission to, this way they'll have to ask you if they can do this. Don't make them feel ashamed of their actions though. This conversation should be dealt with delicacy. Let them ask you questions and answer them as honest and age appropriately as you can. If you need help, go to your local library and borrow a book to help you and them get through this occasion. Ultimately they are just being kids and being curious. All you can do is ask them why they were doing this and open up the communication lines now to them. This will let them know that they can come to mom at any time with any questions no matter how big or small these questions may be. Take this as a good situation and look at how many doors of communication it can open for you and your children.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...