Child Behavior Community
not sleeping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

not sleeping

Is it harmful to give a 12-year old Benadryl to help her fall off to sleep?
I would call your doctor and ask them...
Could you provide more information?

What's her daily life and routine? What is causing the insomia? Is it insomnia, plain and simple, or is she really stressed about something right now? What kind of relationships does she have with friends and family?

If she has true insomnia that's not tied to any other life problems, then take her to the doctor and get a prescription sleep aid for her that won't risk dependancy.

If she's not sleeping because of some sort of stress, then I'd recommend you get to the bottom of that before using over-the-counter drugs to treat a problem as potentially harmful as insomnia coupled with other psychological issues.

Benadryl is an antihistamine, not a sleep aid, and probably should not be used as such. Are you using this daily for her?
Im 1 day short of being 6 weeks pregnant. I get fatigue during the day but when i get in bed at night i cant sleep? Even if i dont take a nap or get alot of sleep at night? Problem? Answers?