Child Behavior Community
obsessiveness, paranoia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

obsessiveness, paranoia

Are these common in children?
if a child is scared of being hypnotized by people in tv, or scared of being poisoned by their parents...
I am pretty sure this does not indicate psychosis, just typical confusion in childhood about your place in the world coupled with obsessiveness?

this question is about myself a few years ago, i just want to know that my paranoia wont come back because it was very destructive, it only went when life got so unbearable i decided that I didn't care If I was killed or manipulated by people around me, because if the world was like that I didn't want to be a part of it. I was guarded and without friends for the early part of my adolescence, i twice had a phase of thinking people knew my thoughts (once as a child, once as an adolescent)

Is this a normal stage in a child's development, or specific to me?
Will I continue to grow out of it?
Thinking people can hypnotize through the tv and that parents are trying to poison is definately a paranoia that would need to be addressed by a doctor, this is a fear that is very real to you and may seem silly to someone who has never experienced paranoia, you have a struggle ahead of you if you have already thought that your life is not worth living, remember that you are in control of your thoughts, if you can think fear you can in turn think safety , I would recomend that you speak to someone about your fears and depression, you may have suppressed something in the back of your mind that is building up your fear and  paranoia, the best thing to do is to speak, dead men tell no tales and you have to want to help yourself and know that you are important , and life is worth living and you are strong enough to be the warrior who can defeat this enemy. Good luck and life.