Child Behavior Expert Forum
our 6 year old girl wets herself in the Daytime, help.

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Our 6 year old girl, still wets herself throughout the day and is also a bedwetter.  In the daytime she spots (with urine) at least 2 or 3 times, and is a bed wetter.  She shows no signs of holding it, i,e. Holding herself, fidgetting or for better words doing the peepee dance.  Do you have any suggestions.
If the behavior were occurring only at night, I would not recommend any specialized evaluation. But, due to the daytime aspect to the problem, it would be wise to consult with a pediatric urologist. Things are probably fine from a physical standpoint, but this shouldn't be assumed. If all is well medically, placing her on an incentive system with a reward chart for dry days and/or nights is worth trying.
i have a 6 year old too and she was doing that for a while too,well one day she got real sick so i took her to the er and she had a uti.(urinary tract infection)and now it is all gone and she does not wet herself except when she sleeps.so what you do for the night time wetting is limit fluid intake or try pull-ups.i hope this helps you!
Yes, we have limited her fluid intakes to around 2 hours before bed. we have tried the reward system, we have never shown her that we were upset that she did it. So we are trying to make this easy on her and us, but it is the Daytime Wetting that really has us conserned.
THEN YOUR BEST BET IS HAVE HER DOC TEST HER FOR A UTI.
My granddaughter had the same problem so we took her to her pediatrician who ran some tests and recommended a Urologist.  She has an underactive bladder and needs to take ditropan to help her control her problem.  She is now 7 (3 years later) and no longer has a wetting problem.  Good luck.
My (now) 7 year old son had a similar problem.  It is worth getting her tested for a bladder infection, just in case, but for what it's worth the problem my son had seemed to be more to do with the message about a full bladder actually getting through to the brain!  It was not unusual for him to arrive home from school with wet trousers or to end up wet at home.  He was just so busy and preoccuppied with all sorts of interesting things, like drawing, playing music, computer, etc. that the urgent bladder warnings seemed not to get through.  He has improved enormously over the last year, without any special attention, and wet beds now happen less often.  I think the brain/bladder link up just doesn't seem very coordinated in some children until they get a bit older than the others, so don't worry too much about it . J
Our six year old daughter has some bathroom issues. Although she is not wetting herself or having any night time accidents, she is constantly going to the bathroom. She will making 3 trips before going to school within a 15 min. period. To go shopping is a nightmare, she will insist on going at least 3 times in a store even if were only there for an hour. This has been going on now for at least 6 months. We have tried to figure out anything that could be causing this behaviour and have come up empty handed. Needless to say we are at our wits end with this behaviour. Her teacher has noticed this as well. She doesn't seem to have any problems at school or at home to trigger this odd behaviour. She is scheduled this week for a bladder and kidney ultrasound to rule out any physical problems. If everything checks out then we will try a child pyhscologist.
Anyone else out there that has had a similar problem?