Child Behavior Expert Forum
out of control 22 month old
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

out of control 22 month old

My almost 2 y/o is way out of control. she has been showing signs of aggression towards herself since she was 7 months old. she will be playing then all of a sudden just start screaming and hitting herself. i don't spank her cause it only makes it worse. the behavior is very unpredictable. we can't go anywhere without her just falling on the floor screaming and hitting herself and even scratching at her eyes. she has a very poor vocabulary. i try working with her on her words but i fail miserably. i am so frustrated cause i don't get a lot of sleep cause she does it at night also. i need some advice on what to do. i have asked her doctor but they keep putting it off as nightmares. i just don't think it's nightmares. what can i do?
Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
If the behavior occurred only at night it would be less of a concern. The problematic part of the situation is that the behavior occurs during the day. It is likely that she is experiencing frustraion and her behavior indicates that she is overcome with emotion at such times. If so, this will likely improve over time as her capacity for tolerating frustration improves. She is very young, and nearly all two-year-olds have problems managing frustration - hence the tantrums that are typical of the so-called 'terrible twos'. You have to watch your expectations re: language. Your daughter is not even two years old yet. There really is no reason to expect she should have much of a vocabuary yet. Give her time in that rehard. You might consider arranging a developmental evaluation so that an in-depth look can occur at her status in the various areas of development.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank