Child Behavior Community
out of control 4 year old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

out of control 4 year old

My child is 4 years old, we recently went through a huge change in our lives.  we ended up being a foster care for a 5 mth old, (the mother was a long time friend that got into trouble and is in jail) my attention has always been with him and now my attention has been towards the baby, and yesterday at prek he through a fit and tried to throw a chair at the teacher.  what do i do!  How do i handle this.  someone please help me, i am in serious need of some advise, because at home or school he has become very out of control
-13 Comments Post a Comment
Help my 4 year old is out of control hittiing tantrums screaming and telling fibs and we have done just about everything i can think of  I am out of ideas we have some big life changes and I'm not sure if that is why . Me and his dad are no apart and dad has a new partner and so do I  . My son is constantly instigateing bad situations with him  telling me  "mom Eric is hitting me" even though Eric ( my fiance)is not even in the room. Or will go out of his way to in the same room as him to and hit my fiance and when my fiance won't let him hot him he  he starts screaming bloody murder saying that Eric hit him . Or in public acts out of control because he knows people are watching or when I tell him to do something and he rufuses and I will grab him by his and and he will throw himself on the ground and say why did you throw me or if I put him in the cornerhe makes excuses like I have to pee or moves out of the corner and starts screaming.Another problem I am having with him is getting him to go to bed he won't go to bed until 2 or 3am and wakes up really early.Another is cursing I made the mistake when he was little it was funny when he was little now it is not funny.Have any thoughts let me know.