Child Behavior Expert Forum
out of control four yr old...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

out of control four yr old...

I have a four year old daughter who is out of control. Me and my fiance have tried everything. He has two kids which his 12 year old daughter is constantly going back and forth with my daughter. My daughter wants to fight with everyone in the home. She doesn't mind at all. I have had to squat over her multiple times and hold my hand over her mouth because she will scream on top of her lungs. Could she be bipolar? It does run through my family. She will lie even lie about the littlest things, we had asked her if she had went into our room before and she said no when we knew she had. She knows the difference between lying and telling the truth, she just chooses to be bad everyday. We give her positive attitude and that still doesn't help. We try to spank her and she will at times laugh in our faces.
242606_tn?1243786248
The family history of bipolar illness does place her in an at-risk category, but really it is a moot point at her young age. You need help in managing the behavior. It is not prudent to cover her mouth or use physical discipline. Read Lynn Clark's book SOS Help for Parents and do what he guides you to do (see www.sosprograms.com).
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank