Child Behavior Expert Forum
physical development in 7 month old
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

physical development in 7 month old

My little grandson, 7 months old, has never tried to use his legs and he does not sit by himself or really attempt to either.  He was evaluated briefly at a screening and failed all the physical tests except for the ones using his hands.  He has an easy going personality and we are wondering if he is just lazy or if he does have a physical defect.  He will be further evaluated and possibly get some therapy, but can you suggest things we might do to encourage his using his legs and also to help us determine if he is able to or not?