physical development in 7 month old
My little grandson, 7 months old, has never tried to use his legs and he does not sit by himself or really attempt to either.  He was evaluated briefly at a screening and failed all the physical tests except for the ones using his hands.  He has an easy going personality and we are wondering if he is just lazy or if he does have a physical defect.  He will be further evaluated and possibly get some therapy, but can you suggest things we might do to encourage his using his legs and also to help us determine if he is able to or not?
Dear Andy -
    I would encourage seeking out a trained pediatric physical therapist to work with your grandson - in addition to a complete evaluation.  I'm afraid I cannot advise you as to specific exercises, as this is not my field of expertise.  But it sounds like you all are on the right track in seeking his evaluation.
  Good luck - Dr. EV
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.