plastic surgery for ACC
My 4 year old granddaughter has had two surgeries on her ACC SPOT on her head. It is now worse than ever and the scar tissue will not grow hair. It can be hidden with pony tails etc but as she grows older it will not. We have to be careful about sunburn and later skin problems. The surgeon has said he cant do anymore but later we could probably have hair transplants that insurance will not cover and is very expensive. The scar is still very tender and she cries frequently after any small bump. We are thankful she is otherwise in good health and a beautiful healthy child. But as an educator I know how cruel children can be and as she enters teenager years and womanhood, she can't hide it. We are at a loss, how do you find a special child plastic surgeon or consultation or any other ways to handle this? Any advice or information will be appreciated.
Thanks,
paula

This discussion is related to Behavior Problem with 4 Year Old Daughter.