Child Behavior Expert Forum
playing with poop
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

playing with poop

my 2 year old, seems to be ready to potty train, not trying to push her, sometimes she does and sometimes she doesnt, but the problem is that when she poops she always plays in it, and we are at our whits end trying to figure out how to stop her from playing in it. It happens every day.
What can i do to get my child to stop playing in her poop?
Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
Really all you can do is supervise her very closely and literally interrupt any attempts to engage in this behavior. And, since she is only two, eyeball supervision is called for in any case.
2 Comments
Blank
Hi Annabear,
I had exactly the same problem with our little boy when he was that age - he used to paint the walls and the floors with it, it was disgusting!  He grew out of it over night!  It was during the potty training phase.  We have no problems with him any more, he is 4 and fully toilet trained now.
Blank
A related discussion, 8yr old that digs was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
8 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank