Child Behavior Expert Forum
playing with poop

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

playing with poop
my 2 year old, seems to be ready to potty train, not trying to push her, sometimes she does and sometimes she doesnt, but the problem is that when she poops she always plays in it, and we are at our whits end trying to figure out how to stop her from playing in it. It happens every day.
What can i do to get my child to stop playing in her poop?
Really all you can do is supervise her very closely and literally interrupt any attempts to engage in this behavior. And, since she is only two, eyeball supervision is called for in any case.
Hi Annabear,
I had exactly the same problem with our little boy when he was that age - he used to paint the walls and the floors with it, it was disgusting!  He grew out of it over night!  It was during the potty training phase.  We have no problems with him any more, he is 4 and fully toilet trained now.
A related discussion, 8yr old that digs was started.