Child Behavior Expert Forum
please help idk what to do

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

please help idk what to do

yesterday i was watching a friends 2 boys 6 and 3 and also had my 3 year old boy here. me and my husband were in our living room eating when i heard my sons room become quiet and i figured that meant they were up to no good, went to check on them and they were all three behind my sons bed with their pants down and the older boy seemed to be caught immediately pulling up his pants. after we split them up i questioned the older boy and got outta him that he learned it from his cousin and they were sticking fingers in each others butts. i freaked, then calmed myself enough to try and remember this boy is 6 and has prob been molested himself. i called the mother and had he pick them up and she seemed to think they were just looking and or experimenting even though i told her he said what was done and that it was done to him by a little kid cousin. my son doesnt seem tramatized by the experience so me and my husband explained as much as we could that its not okay and to never let anyone touch him ever. but we also dont wanna make it an experience he has to remember. are we doing the right thing?
Yes, you handled it fine, including informing the other parent. The parents of the cousin should also be notified, and that is the obligation of the other parent. It sounds like you have done what you can and the other parent is rationaliing the behavior instead of addressing it in a mature, sensible fashion.
thank you for your comment. you have no idea how much better you made me feel, hearing it from someone whos name has a ph.d after it is exactly what i needed. i didnt want to actually go to a doctor and have him questioned again and again or them examine him physically. i just want him to absolutely forget the incident, and he from the get go never seemed mentally harmed by it so i figure no reason to chance it. i am the one taking it the hardest. thank you again.