Child Behavior Community
preschool problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

preschool problem

Hello..I am having three kids, two girls aged 13 and 10 and a boy age 3. My son goes to a preschool infact I have just changed his preschool because the previpus preschool kept complainig about him that hes running around in the class not listening to his teacher and pushing other children. I always explain him not to do like and he understands but when he goes to school hes repeating it. I changed his preschool as I thought hes geting bored there as it was  more like a day care and my son just cant sit in one place or ideal he loves to colour paint play with clay sing hes very intellgent as he knows many thing he can recongnise all the alphabets colours hes not confused kind he answers all correct without a mistake. Now I have put him other preschool and its only 3 days that he has started but here also his teacher says he pushing running around in class and does not listen to her but where other things are concerned he colours very well and is very intelligent...I dont know wht to do how to explain him. I and my husband always encourage him saying hes a good boy and he wont be naughty .. we explain him with ahug n kiss and he promises us he wont be naughty at  school but when i go to pick him I get a complain What should I do ..I am worried why he cant remain normal like other kids in school
At 3 year old children are apt to be very lively its hard to get them to stay still for long, this is normal behavior,perhaps your thoughts that he is bored has a lot to do with it, does he get time at school to play with other children or do they sit a lot.Perhaps more words with his teacher in allowing them to get more physical exercise would help, in America parents do have meetings to be able to speak up with any concerns .I have always found that the brighter the child the more mischievous they are ,and the more they require stimulation.I am sure that as he gets older and is learning more school work it will get better,good luck and welcome to Med Help .
Your son is three years old and is in preschool for three days a week.  How long are the days?  And how many children are in the school?

Our grandson is also three and he attends nursery school two mornings a week for about 2 1/2 hours each session.  This is plenty long enough for him.  After all, your son and our grandson are just little boys and not every child is able to cope with a lot of structure at such a young age or for extended times.  By the way, girls tend to mature much faster than boys (until about mid-teens then the boys "catch up" and "pass" the girls - but only for a year or two) - I hope you are not comparing your daughters' milestones to your son's because there probably will be a "gap".  Not always - but usually.  All the best ...
Thanks allot for your reply. Some tension of my is relieved after your reply. Your right when you said a brighter child is more mischievous . One more thing I would like you to help me, and that according to the teacher she says that your son likes to do only what he wants to do and does not listen to her, this was also in the previous school, she told me to be firm with him. I dont know why shes saying me this, she said your son is very smart he knows whats a nice way and whats a bad way. When i tell my son to do anything first he doesnt do saying No but later he says hes sorry and he listen to me. I dont know wht hes givign a hard time to his teachers at school. I am afraid. My friend says she doubts that my son will stay in any school . No school like mischievious kids. This upset me allot.
It will get better as he gets older, perhaps his teachers have a stricter attitude, my opinion is that children of this young age do not want to be too structured, I doubt that many listen well.How many hpours does he go to pre school, do they stimulate the children as boredom can be a factor in behavior ..
well he goes from 9 am to 12.30 pm. The previous school didnt had much activity. But this school I think is better . And he is happy going here. I only pray I stop getting complains from school. I could have directly put him in kindergarten but I put him in preschool as the country we live in life is hard and we go out only on weekends so just he can interact with children of his age i thought of putting him in preschool .

I think that was a good idea, if you have no other children nearby, the hours he goes seems just right to me they are  not too long, I am wondering if the teacher is the one to be a bit firmer with him.Have you tried to make friends with the other moms who take their children to the school maybe arrange a day for them to bring their child to your house they may be glad to have some company and be in the same situation as you. I know you are living in a differant environment but we all have the same needs and children all want to play together,  have fun,and moms like to compare notes .As I say the more activity at this age the better,' they seem to be full of bean's. that may be most of the problem, so you could voice that to the teacher .