Child Behavior Expert Forum
separation or change of environment

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

separation or change of environment

I'm the dad of an 11-month girl.  I need to go far away (another continent) for work for
one month, and I can bring my wife and baby with me at no cost.

We're debating what would be better for the baby: that we all go, or that I go alone
and my wife and daughter stay home.

We already moved twice since she was born and we've been on a trip for over a month
recently, and she seem to have adapted well to all these changes, but we're concerned that
yet another change (with a long flight) not having a stable house can affect her.
While so many transitions are not ideal for a child, in the long run tnere is no reason to cencerned. Children to best when there is a stable routine and daily structure - there is no denying that. But children are also very adaptable and, as long as you and her mother are present, she's likely to do fine. If possible, though, you would be wise to limit such changes going forward.