Child Behavior Community
serious pant wetting issue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

serious pant wetting issue

My daughter is 4 1/2.  She has been "potty trained" for well over a year, however she has started wetting her pants again.  She will go through 4-5 pairs of pants and underwear a day.  I remind her to go at least once every hour, and she'll go, but then she'll still have her accidents.  I have absolutely no idea what to do.  She starts at a preschool in 2 weeks that said they won't allow children who have frequent accidents.  She does this, then will have a week or two at a time with no accidents, then starts this again.  It doesn't matter where we are, she usually always wets her pants.  I'm at my wits end.  
Hi, my daughter is now 6 and she was exactly the same.  She had been dry day and night for a while and then suddenly started having wetting accidents both during the day and at night.  Children start school at 4 here and I was having to send her with spare underwear.  I don't know why it started and I don't know why it stopped - sorry to be so vague, but I just want you to know that it did stop.  I didn't draw any attention to what was happening so whether that was why she stopped I don't know.  I think sometimes they just get so carried away with what they are doing that they don't want to stop to go to the toilet.