Child Behavior Expert Forum
sexual behavior in 4 year old

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

sexual behavior in 4 year old

My son who just turned four in May is obesses about private parts and I don't know what to do about it. It started after an older boy in his daycare class showed my son his genitals. It has gotten to the point of where my sons friends parents no longer what him to play with there child because he is always exposing himself or trying to pull the pants down of the other child. I've sat down and Talked to my son about how its a private thing thats only for yourself. Please help I dont know what to do.  I've caught him three times this week alone.
Talk will go only so far. Now that you have set the limit it is important that you discipline him for violating this very important rule. My guess is that, if all else is OK in his life and the behavior is not symptomatic of emotional turmoil, he will stop the behavior when he incurs consequences for it.
I've had a someone come in today about his behaviour and She's going to send me some information in the mail. Its almost like abook that you read to the child. I've been putting him in time out and that does not seem to work. I also forgot to mention that he was born with Peter's Anomaly and the doctor that we seen mentioned something about behaviour problems is it normal in children with PA?
No, there is no reason to think that the congenital anomaly has any association with the behavior you are describing. Continued education and limit setting/discipline is what is required.