Child Behavior Expert Forum
sexual tendicies of ten year olds

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

sexual tendicies of ten year olds

I just wondered what is normal sexual thinking of a ten year old boy is.  I have a 10 year old that has been sexually abused in the past....what would his sexual thinking be?  We wake up and he is out of his bed trying to have sex with his teddy bear.  Is this normal?  I hope so cause I have another 6 year old boy that will be going through this.  Although the six year old has not been sexually abused.  Thank you
No, this would not be regarded as within the normal spectrum. Simulation of intercourse is not a normal expectation of a child of ten (or any child, for that matter). He should be evaluated and treated. It is quite likely (though I obviously cannot say it is certain) that his behavior is a consequence of his sexual mistreatment.
1 Comment
A related discussion, 10 year old who has never been molested... was started.
I have a similar problem with my stepson. He likes to kiss his girlfriend in front of me all the time.  Then he's constantly asking for advice on how to ask his girlfriend for sex.