Child Behavior Community
should 5 year old girls masturbate?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

should 5 year old girls masturbate?

Im in need of a little help, i walked in on my 5 year old daughter masturbating on one of her teddie and it has really freaked me out!!!!! I have read about how normal it is and as long as she does it in her room in private its ok BUT im not happy about it!!!!! She is my baby girl and i dont like the thought of what she is doing!!!!! children that age should be playing with toys not them selfs,  i found her in her wardrobe in her room doing it so she knows its a private thing!! is it summit me and my partner have done to cause this?? me and my partner are very loving and hug and kiss in front of kids could this have any thing to do with it?? she has woke up a few times and caught her sitting in door way peeking in on the adult films we had been watching??
i think it very wrong but i dont know what to tell her or any thing!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is normal for children who have discovered themselves to continue. If you catch her in private places masturbating after telling her it is a private thing, (which it is) then either you will have to discontinue telling her it is a private thing or let her alone when you catch her. As far as her sneaking looks at the movies you watch, you will have to be more vigilant and more secure. Or, stop watching them. My daughter masturbates quite frequently, and I have caught her several times, before I started knocking before entering. Eve after I enter I know what she was doing. I just go about what I came in there for and leave.
Actually it's perfectly normal at her age, and younger (I know I was "playing with myself" at that age)!  So long as she's not doing it publicly or with adult company, you needn't worry - and if so, just tell her it's rude to do that in front of people (without getting carried away)
Haha! Do not worry, I did this when I was her age and TOTALLY grew out of it. All little girls do it. They dont really know if its wrong. After about a year shell stop and forget it even happened she will probably start again at 12 or 13.