Child Behavior Expert Forum
showing private parts in bathrooms

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

showing private parts in bathrooms

My 7year old daughters best friend has taught my daughter to sit over the bubbles in the jacuzzi. She has asked her to see and touch her private parts.  They are in the same class, live in the same neighborhood and I carpool with the mother.  We cut down the carpool time and we do not let them alone behind closed doors to avoid this behavior again.  We assumed it was curiosity........Well, last night she had a play date and my daughter had to go to the restroom and the friend followed from what the mother told me.  When she got home i told her she and her friend should be alone during changing and bathroom times.  She told me her friend knocked on the door saying please, please let me in.....she continued to tell me that her friend also constantly follows her into the restroom and wants to see her privates in the bathrooms.  She said she says no but her friends begs her and tells her she will give her candy!  I told her not to go to the bathroom with her friend but she says her teacher sends a buddy and she goes with whoever the teacher tells her.  SHe also went on to say that her friend does this with another girl in the class and they ask her to join them.  Kathryn says she has to sometimes hide.  Now I know why she gets happy when her friend isnt in school and she wants to go back to her old school where her friend is not.  Now I know this is a serious problem.  I have to tell the school and cut off contact with the girl, right?  Please help
From your account, this little girl needs help and perhaps you can persuade her parents to arrange for such help. The teacher also has to be made aware of what is occuring. Otherwise there will be other victims of her behavior. No doubt you cannot permit your daughter to be in an unsupervised situation with her.