slow eater
I run a daycare and I am concerned about one of my children. She is four years old and eats VERY slow. She doesn't mess around or talk while she is eating. She just sits there, stares off into space, and holds her food in her cheek. I literally have to tell her to chew. The other kids are done eating in just a few minutes. She will sit at the table for an hour if I let her. I know that she is hungry when I feed her. She will tell me that she is "starving". I asked her parents and they say that she has always been that way when I comes to eating. Everything else is done super fast. She runs wherever she goes. She talks fast. Could she have a medical problem that is causing her to not want to eat-even when she is "starving"? Any advice would be helpful.
each year there is always at least one child like the one you describe in my class. can't give you insight into the reason why, but thought i'd mention i think it's pretty common.
mjx
try to feed her in small portions so that she would not feel that she would be eating a lot, i've had same experience when i was a child and that's what my aunt tried to do. beleive me it worked. you could also visit this site http://www.besthealthoptions.com, it has plent of articles about child behavior. good day!