snuggling
My fiance and I come from different backgrounds.  My family is very affectionate and his rarely even sees eachother.   I have a 5 year old son and at bed time he likes to have snuggles from both of us.  He is in his own bed in his own room every night and some nights he comes into our room if he gets scared and I let him snuggle with us and then take him back to his own bed once he is calm again.  My fiance thinks 5 is too old for any snuggling and I think that there are times when snuggling is fine for children of this age.  Any advice is welcome.  Thank you
I didn't snuggle with anyone other than my grandparents and that was fine with me.  However, as a mother, I love to snuggle with my girls.  We snuggle all of the time.  My oldest is six and she loves to snuggle.  I say it is normal.  My husband did not snuggle as a child and still does not snuggle.  He is like your husband, except he tolerates it because he understands how we are. It is just a matter of preference. I say--snuggle the son and if the fiance doesn't want to tolerate it-find another fiance.  Good luck to you.
i think it is normal me and my kids snuggle also.
Thank you.  I agree that 5 is not too old.  Hopefully my fiance wil see the light