Child Behavior Expert Forum
son smoking

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

son smoking

devastated to learn my 12 yr. old son is smoking; peer pressure etc. brought him to this. He and I have discussed and he had a breakthrough today in admitting everything and reaching out for help to quit. As nice as that is, I have researched and have found very few support groups, clinical help, or agencies that can help a young child. Very sad to know there is little help out there......no it is no cocaine, but a highly dangerous and addictive drug. Help! he is asking for it!
It is enough that he is owning this behavior. Be vigilant about enforcing this limit. Parental intervention, including sound limit setting, is the acceptable intervention at this point. You might consider estblishing a reward system to help maintain his motivation. As they say, though, the devil is in the details.