son smoking
devastated to learn my 12 yr. old son is smoking; peer pressure etc. brought him to this. He and I have discussed and he had a breakthrough today in admitting everything and reaching out for help to quit. As nice as that is, I have researched and have found very few support groups, clinical help, or agencies that can help a young child. Very sad to know there is little help out there......no it is no cocaine, but a highly dangerous and addictive drug. Help! he is asking for it!
It is enough that he is owning this behavior. Be vigilant about enforcing this limit. Parental intervention, including sound limit setting, is the acceptable intervention at this point. You might consider estblishing a reward system to help maintain his motivation. As they say, though, the devil is in the details.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.