soon to be 5...is this normal and how do i help??
my soon to be 5 year old, has always been on the clingy side. except at home and at school(she is perfectly happy here, and does not give me any problems or tantrums). the issue is when my husband and i have to leave her else where...always a family members house that she has been to many times. she had latley taken to getting so upset that she makes herself throwup. she refuses to go to anyones house unless we go also. and then will constantly ask us if we are just visiting and that she doesnt have to spend the night(out of a 6 month period she may stay somewhere once) it seems to be getting worse and not better what is going on with her and how do i help her?? please help!
I dont know if ill be much help since I dont have any children but I have been working on a preschool with 3-5 year olds for the past 2 years and I think what your child is going through is normal. When we have kids come into our preschool some get very distressed and cling to their parents. We try to help by distracting the child with an activity while their parent leaves this works so much that they don't even want to leave. Maybe when you take your daughter to a babysitter try to make it sound like a really fun time and talk to the babysitter beforehand to plan a lot of activities so she doesn't have time to think where you're at. I hope I helped (: