Child Behavior Expert Forum
squinting in toddler
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

squinting in toddler

Hello. My daughter turned 2 at the beginning of October. In the last 3 days, she has been blinking and squinting a lot. I'm wondering if she may have a vision problem. She sometimes falls for no reason. How do you test the vision of one so young? She screams bloody murder and climbs on me like a monkey when the doctor walks in the room. I have to pin against my chest when he goes to look in her ears. How on earth would he check her eyes?
since I have your attention anyway, my husband and I have noticed that she has become a real fusssy budget the last few weeks. She is clingy and cries over everything. She is not one to deal with strangers and turns her head away from anyone who is seeking her attention. We don't live near family and rarely leave her. When we do it is with our trusted neighbor with whom she has a good relationship. I know the clinginess is a stage but she does it with her daddy too. any suggestions?