Child Behavior Expert Forum
swallowing

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

swallowing
I dont know if this is a behavioral issue. I am babysitting a little boy,( ive been watch since birth) He is 2 weeks awy from his 2d birthday and his parents nor I can get him to swallow his food. He has been able to eat the stage 1 baby food and drink from a sippy cup but we try food and all he does is play with it in his mouth.We dont even think hes chewing.But he will just sit there with a mouth full of food and spit untill we open his mouth for him and it comes out.He wont even spit it out we need to make him. please help! Im lost at what to do.
This situation requires medical evaluation. He should be examined by his pediatrician, who may well refer him to an ENT specialist and a Speech/Language specialist (they examine the oral motor functioning, swallowing, etc.).