Child Behavior Expert Forum
swollen nodes in my daughters neck

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

swollen nodes in my daughters neck

I am really getting upset. I took my daughter to the doctor and they gave her an antibiotic. The swollen nodes did not go down. She has 3 in her neck. One is solid and maybe nickle size. the others are smaller. I looked online in the search area for swollen lymph nodes. i got so many cancer sites. I am scared. do you think this is nothing to worry about. at least cancer wise?? I am taking her in tuesday but the doctor doesnt seem to want to do bloodwork and i want things checked out. Help me. ive me something i can calm down for. i am so upset and thinking the worst. my email is ***@****  thank you tracy
Dear Tracy,

I know this must be very upsetting for you, and the cause of great anxiety. Any parent would be worried. Try to be patient with your daughter's health care providers, explain to them how anxious and upset you are, and ask them to explain to you what they are thinking.

This Forum addresses issues of child behavior, not medical conditions, so I really can't offer you any perspective on the condition itself.